When Is a Short-Term Marketing Strategy Appropriate?
- PPC/AdWords– Effective PPC campaigns will drive targeted traffic to your website’s landing pages. These are usually highly qualified leads, they might not be ready to buy today, but they are close.
- Events– Trade shows, customer appreciation, and other types of events usually need a short-term strategy.
- Social Media– Some say social media in marketing needs both a long-term and short-term strategy. Social media promotions and giveaways are part of short-term strategies.
Here are some short-term digital marketing strategies:
When Is a Long-Term Marketing Strategy Appropriate?
- Branding– Digitally establishing your brand, is a long-term task and includes brand recognition, awareness, and reputation.
- Social Media -This refers to the big picture you’re trying to paint with your social media presence.
- SEO– This is a long term process, so a long-term strategy will be needed for increased search rankings or local SEO
- Content Marketing– Blogging and email marketing are aspects of content marketing that need to have a long-term strategy to truly see ROI.